Transform your tax experience by creating a myGov account and linking it to the ATO
Learn how to establish a personal or sole trader myGov account and connect it to the ATO with the following steps:
Creating a myGov Account
- A myGov account is a unified government service platform that allows individuals to access a variety of services online.
- To make a myGov account, you must:
- - Create an exclusive email account to use only for registration.
- Provide an Australian phone number to get security codes by SMS, failing to do so requires an alternative sign in option.
- Avoid using secret answers as your sign-in option when using our online services.
For more detailed instructions, refer to our Easy Read tutorial on creating a myGov account and linking it to taxes and superannuation.
If you have a Standard Identity Strength myGov ID app, you can also create an account by clicking "Continue with Digital Identity."
Create a myGov account
If you have already registered but cannot sign-in, please check our guidelines on troubleshooting myGov accounts.
Connecting your myGov Account to the ATO
To commence linking to the ATO, refer to the following checklist:
- - Log in to your myGov account.
- - At myGov homepage, under "View and link services," select "Australian Taxation Office."
- - Agree to terms and conditions.
- - Enter or confirm your personal details.
- - Answer two questions regarding your tax record.
- - Verify and link your record by selecting "I agree."
- A unique linking code is available by calling the ATO contact centre if the necessary information is inaccessible. We will ask you questions to prove your identity to guarantee your privacy.
myGov Sign In Options
To link a myGov account to the ATO, we provide three sign-in options:
- Use the myGovID app or myGov Code Generator app. These options support individuals who do not have an Australian phone number or who are overseas and have poor mobile reception. Access to ATO online services becomes available once you link your account.
- Use the ATO app or the myGov app if you have already linked your account.
Manage Your Sign-in Options
Take control of your myGov sign-in options by following these simple steps:
Firstly, sign in to your myGov accountExternal Link.
Next, visit the My Account section, where you can access your Account Settings. From there, select Sign-in Options and follow the prompts to update your sign-in method.
For added security, you can enable an additional sign-in option that can act as a backup in case of login issues. You can also connect your myGovID app to allow for seamless access to your account.
Please note that changing your sign-in option to answering a secret question will unlink your myGov account from the ATO, as this is a less secure option.
Sign Out Without Unlinking
When finished using ATO online services, simply sign out of your myGov account. There is no need to unlink.
If you choose to unlink, you will lose access to ATO online services and will no longer receive messages from us in your myGov Inbox. If you want to regain access, you will need to relink your myGov and ATO account.
Troubleshooting Linking Issues
If you are having trouble linking your accounts, be sure to check out our guide on how to create a myGov account and link it to the ATO as an individual or sole trader.
The Squad's new gang of misfit anti-heroes should not be held too dear: all are fair game in this rousing blend of humor and violence. Reviews have been overwhelmingly positive, cementing fan hopes that this DC Comics reboot would deliver the explosive mix of laughter and cartoon mayhem they were hoping
Revised on: Thu, 18 May, 2023 at 1:27 PMWhich gadget are you attempting to set in motion?In the event that your television or device is not visible, it means we do not have a functional application for it, or it does not feature a login option on an existing app.To ascertain whether your device will be
If you are looking to buy a product from eBay, all you have to do is type in the item you are looking for in the search bar. However, if you want to search for a particular seller, it requires a bit more effort. Here’s how you can do it.Search for a Seller on eBay on a Web BrowserIf you have had a
A class action lawsuit was initiated against Toyota on behalf of both initial and subsequent motor vehicle owners due to the malfunctioning of the diesel exhaust after-treatment system (DPF System) in their allegedly defective diesel motor vehicles. The DPF System was responsible for capturing and